Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The week so far.

Last night, Emmy Ruth insisted on reading her books to me. It was hysterical. We have to read Five Little Monkeys every single night and she read it to me and would hit the high spots like “jumping on the bed” and “knocked his head” and “called the doctor”. When the monkey was crying, she kissed him to make him feel better and then told me it was my turn. She also has a book with pictures of kids and a single word like happy or shy, etc. She has always loved this book and last night, she was actually saying the correct word with each page. To say that she was proud of herself is an understatement!!


Monday night, another storm rolled through Memphis and our TV must have gotten a surge or something. The picture is no longer working and the lamp light is blinking so I have ordered a new lamp and hope that it arrives soon. For now, because we of course cannot possibly go without, John has moved an old TV into the living room and has it sitting on the floor. I guess it is just Emmy’s size as she will bring her Dora chair up to it and watch. John kept telling her last night to move back and it reminded of Daddy making Neall and I sit with our backs touching the couch when we watched TV or “you’ll go blind!!!!!!!” Sometimes Emmy says that she wants to watch THAT ONE and points at the big TV. Because we can’t access our DVR on the temporary TV, we are afraid she is having Dora withdrawals.

Potty Training. Argh. We were doing so well and then…. I am not sure what happened yesterday but we had some major setbacks. I told Emmy she was a big girl and she told me she wasn’t. I told her she didn’t want to wear diapers and she said that she did. That girl is quite something.


No comments: