Saturday, February 21, 2009

On Pins and Needles

I am finally getting the hang of my embroidery machine so this weekend I wanted to try to applique and to actually sew. So, I did a tshirt last night for Emmy and then started on a dress, with an applique of course, that Emmy can wear for Easter. Right now, it seems that the only Easter she would wear it to is at the clown church. So far, I have discovered that a rotary cutter is a great thing but how does the self healing mat really self heal? Also, pinning on a dining room table is a pain and that I need a pub height table. And after enough of this sewing, I could use a pub style drink. Hopefully I can finish this dress tomorrow. Of course, regardless of its outcome, I will certainly post pictures.

The acupuncture went well, if a little odd. She put seven needles in each leg, four in my belly, one in each hand, one in the forehead and five in my right ear. It really didn't hurt putting them in, but there was a strange ache when I moved with them in there, especially in my leg when I moved my toes. I didn't really didn't realize how often I wiggle my toes until I was lying there with needles in my body. Nor did I realize how annoying and heavy my hair is until I had needles in my hand and ear so I was scared to move it. I have this great habit of almost fainting. A few weeks ago, I had this little thing cut off my shoulder. Of course, I almost fainted. The funny thing then was the the doctor and his nurse were African American and I looked at them and said, "am I really white?" Usually I get really pale when I get dizzy like that but I am sure they thought I was a very confused patient. Anyway... today, I was lying on the table and it was freezing so she had a heating lamp and blanket for me but I got dizzy so I asked for a wet rag and ended up having to get all that stuff off of me. She left me alone for 25 minutes with the needles and I think that was the longest 25 minutes of my life. That probably explains the majority of my headaches. I couldn't possibility just lie there and relax, I stared at the ceiling and thought of how I should be stripping the popcorn off my ceilings, I thought of the dress I am trying to make, I thought of work, I thought of John and a list of things to remember to tell him and on and on. But, I smiled when I thought of Emmy Ruth and how when she doesn't want to do something any more, like a bath or sitting in the buggy at Walmart, she screams "I DONE!". I really wanted to scream "I DONE! Get these needles out of me! I DONE!"

No comments: