Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back to our regularly scheduled week...

Emmy had quite a busy weekend! I am trying to make room at our house for some of Momma's treasured items. With Papa and LynnLynn getting married soon, there are lots of pieces that belonged to Grandma Ruth that won't be going with them and I can't stand to part with them forever, so we are trying to make accommodations at our house. One thing was a chest that Grandpa Eddie gave Grandma on their one year anniversary. It has been in our living room for years so I brought it back with me Friday night. To make room for it, I got rid of the entertainment armoire and had to buy a new HDTV that would better fit on the chest. Just HAD to get it. So, Emmy and I left directly from work and the sitter's to go to Wynne. Neall got his old boy scout uniform out of it, as well as some war ration books, and left all the other mementos in it (I will have to go through that later--I just can't right now). We met the Nichols for Mexican food and Emmy had her first sucker! I was terrified that she would bit it into pieces and then choke on it, but she did okay. She almost kicked Uncle Neallios knee with excitement!!! Pictures are on Aunt Pat's blog.

So, Saturday the DirecTV people came to get the HD service set up. After that, we all went to eat at the BBQ shop (the only BBQ we can eat in Memphis--none of it is as good as Arkansas BBQ). NaNa feed Emmy lemons! She loved them and ate almost a half of a lemon by herself!
Monday, we had to return Papa's SUV (there was no way that chest was fitting in the Prius!) so we stopped to visit friends at Woodruff. Emmy was a little nervous at first, but loves the attention she gets. I can remember going to visit Daddy when I was a little girl so it is pretty neat taking her to visit now.
And then, I bumped her noggin. I brought YET another chest home with me yesterday. This was an older small white chest that Momma had in the kitchen for years, it used to belong to Grandma too. I think it will be great to keep all of Emmy's dress up stuff in when she is a little bigger. I was seeing what was inside and found two quilts. I can hear Momma now saying, "As your Grandma would say, I better not see this quilt in the bottom of some play pen one day". I thought the lid only went up so far on the chest and about that time, it went falling over and I just couldn't grab it fast enough and of course, it hit Emmy on the head. I could have absolutely just melted into the floor at that moment. I snatched her up and she wanted nothing to do with me and went straight to Dadoo. After several snares to me, he finally got her calmed down and we found a little bloody spot on her finger that he was able to fix up with a BandAid. Her head has a little red spot, but looks okay now. And, bless her heart, you can see a little tinge of blood on the knee of her PJ's. I am sure that John will keep these so that we will always remember me giving Emmy her first boo-boo.

No comments: