Thursday, October 04, 2007

Election results

My new mayor is... my old mayor. It is just different this time, seeing someone that you don't want to be elected actually getting elected is not the same feeling as it was before when someone I didn't want to get elected won the race. It's different when it is local and it's such a crucial part of your entire community and the well being of your very close personal space and safety. And it is all different when you have a child to think of now. I think I knew in the back of my mind that Herenton would win but it is just so sad tonight to see the numbers on TV and see that it is a reality again. Memphis is my home now and to see this happen is just quite heartbreaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As voters we do not always make the best choice for a number of reasons.