Monday, April 17, 2006

Who'd have thought my friend was really a rabbit?

This weekend started out pretty good but today was tough. We went to have lunch with Neall's inlaws, which was great fun even if we did have to leave early, then headed to Lonoke to see Grandma. She was good, Daddy and I got a lot of talking in on the trip to and fro, and when we got back to the house, he filled the car with pepper and tomato plants. We went to the cemetary earlier and of course, I looked my keys in the car. Nice. But things were looking up after the locksmith came and got me in the car.

Today was a different story. It was just a sad day. No Easter basket full of candy yesterday just hit me today. It shouldn't be a big deal. I have said that it's the selfish things that are the worst when I miss you. I worry about when I have my babies, who will spend the week with me after I get out of the hospital. All of my friends have had their moms stay with them for the first week after baby arrives. I am reading a book titled "Motherless Daughters" but I don't think I will finish it. It was quite strange to read someone saying the exact thing I said about staying with them after they have their kids. Maybe I am better off not thinking about it so often. Just being in denial seems to be working for me so far.

So, crying fits abounded all day today. It was tough. When Tara asked what was wrong, all I could say was that it was tough not having an Easter basket!! This afternoon I got home and there was a huge rose bush on my porch with a plastic egg in it and a note from the Easter Bunny. Of course, I was on the phone with Tara as I got home (ranting about my day of course!) and I wondered aloud what in the world was that on my porch??? She swore that she had nothing to do with it. Our dear friend Theresa lives in midtown near me and since the rose bush came in the Home Depot bucket, I knew she was the culprit. How lucky can I be to not only have Tara who is so good to me but Theresa who is so very kind to know when I needed a rose bush?

No comments: