Friday, March 24, 2006

Rudabega


You always would go into a sneezing fit with our poor Rudy, who only wanted to love on you, by the way. Two years ago, on the Saturday before Mother's Day the year that John's mom died, Rudy got sick and when I took him to the vet, they said he had a horrible urinary tract infection. After spending the weekend in the emergency hospital, many dollars and a "talk" from the doctor that he probably wasn't going to make it, the little man came home to torture us and Bill again. Yesterday, I was getting in the shower and saw blood and freaked out and rushed the dude to the doctor to find out he was going through it again. My first thought was, oh my God, Rudy is going to die and torture Momma for eternity. Of course, you won't have allergies where you are, so he would have just sat there and tempted you to pet him only to swipe at you when you did. Thankfully, he is home and fighting everytime we, (who am I kidding, I) have to give him antibiotics. He is a pretty cute kitty though and you don't get to play with him yet. You do have Bo and Sam. I can remember Neall & I sitting on the floor in the kitchen with Daddy trying to name Bo when we were kids. It was definitely between Bo and Luke -- the Dukes Of Hazzard of course.

More,

1 comment:

Pastor TroyAnn said...

Cats and urinary tract infections - they are almost synonymous. One of my cats has had so many (hate that blood) that the vet now keeps her on a continuous low dose of antibiotics to ward them off - there was just no other way. We also use the urinary tract food. That helps some.
Peace and good health to Rudebega, your kitty. TroyAnn