My gift to myself for letting John turn 30 without strangling him was an iPod. I honestly do not know how I lived before I had this thing. I made fun of people with these things and how STUPID to spend that much money on something like that, but I take it all back and admit that I am wrong. Not only can I put my music on there, and every single person I know, I am asking for their CD collection from their car to put on there too, but my entire life is on this thing! It has enough space that I can backup my laptop on it as an external hard drive and I can add my pictures in it as well to show off all these kids I know and love at any given moment. The clincher is that I can synchronize it with my Outlook contacts and calendar so that I can have those everywhere too. I am so giddy with excitement over all this fun stuff. The only downside is my rhythm. I can’t dance. As I toil down Airways to work, I realize that people are laughing at me because I am really rocking in my car, just singing!!, and there is no rhythm there at all. It’s quite sad. You always knew it and tried to tell me that I didn’t get your dancing genes. Sometimes in church when I was little, we would clap along with the songs, and you would look at me and try to help me get on the beat. The best was the time that you told me a few years ago that you always felt so sorry for me at the JPC dances because I would be out there trying dancing with everyone else and I just couldn’t get it. You were right, I am not getting it but I really don’t care now because I can tell you what time it is in Bangkok as I listen to “Walk Like an Egyptian” and think of Skateland.
More,
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment