ou give me the best Razorback presents for Christmas. This was one that you must have bought months ago and it will always be my second favorite since it was the last one you gave me. Well, I say that, but my REAL favorite Razorback gift is the other one you gave me this year. When I was the Fan of the Week in the Commercial Appeal, you went a little nutty and bought a zillion papers. When you went to the South Carolina game, you took it with you and I asked you why in the world you were doing that and you responded with "Because you never know who I might see". Of course, I rolled my eyes but a few hours later you called saying, "Guess who I saw?? Frank Broyles!" Anyone that knows you can see this entire scene being played out: You rush (probably in a semi-dance/semi-walk) up to Mr. Broyles, Daddy standing back with that "what I am supposed to do to stop this?" look and you tell him that you are from Wynne and you know so and so is from Wynne, "just to give him a connection" as you told me, and he said to send him the article and he'd have Houston Nutt sign it. Well, you did and he and Houston signed it and sent it back to you. The week after Thanksgiving, you dropped it off to be matted and framed. That was the last day you drove, pretty much the last day you were able to do much of any thing on your own and you and Mrs. Bonady are out toiling around town, and we found out about the tumor on the next Monday. Of course it looks great, and knowing the timing on it, makes it that much more special. It is hard to look at anything in my home that doesn't remind me of you.But the glasses are yours. I have always loved those glasses on you so I took them and had my lenses put in the frames. So today, when everyone commented on my "new glasses", I got to tell them they were yours. I love it! So, I did an Elvis painting for Tara S. for her Elvis bathroom as a joke, and it turns out that everyone really likes it. So funny! I did it as a joke, but I think I may try to do some of this. I am going to try and get rid of one or two on eBay (that way there is complete anonymity) and see if anyone else likes other than Tara S (since she kind of has to...) to see if this could be something fun to do for a pastime. Thank goodness I have glasses with my current prescription in them to see well while I am an artiste! I am sure you are getting a kick out of it...
More,
1 comment:
I see I'm not the only one who said you need to keep all these in print - the posts are wonderful! All these talents are blooming in the sunshine of your love for your Momma; I know Teri IS so proud of you. TBP
Post a Comment