John and Emmy had been given me lots of grief about not going to the beach this summer. So, we took advantage of the great weather and made a quick get away on Columbus Day weekend. It was perfect. It was still warm enough to get in the water but not sweltering. We rented a house a block from the beach and walked back and forth everyday. We had the best time, especially since we rented a convertible for the trip.
We stopped in Tupelo on the way down to visit Elvis's birthplace and the shrimp festival was going on while we were in town. I have never seen the water so clear. It was kind of creepy how clear it was; I think I prefer not to see the little fishies while I wade out!
Monday, October 19, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment