I want to start this by saying that I am not happy with this behavior nor do I find it cute. But, I want to make sure that we remember these precious moments so that we may tell her about them when she is older.
Emmy was in a peach of a mood all day and no matter what we did to be the best parents ever, she was not happy, much less thankful. We went to get her new ballet shoes and then took her to Rock and Romp, this awesome kids thing held monthly in Memphis. There were so many people there with kids bands and kids independent films playing. Thankfully, there was also beer.
We got home and she was a little irky so I took her to her room and had her chill out for a while by herself. She seemed better so we kept on with our evening. On Friday, she told us all the kids in school knew how to tie their shoes and she had to learn this weekend. We were working on it tonight and she kept getting frustrated so John and I were both telling her it was no big deal but she just lost it. She yelled that we were stupid so I told her to go to her bedroom. As she was walking by me, she looked at me, stopped and picked her nose, pointed the booger at me and then wiped it on the dining room table. Moments later, I heard the shoes I left in her room being throwing down the hallway.
After I finally controlled my laughter (which she did not see), John said, "what in the world are we doing wrong here????"
I let her chill out for about thirty minutes and went to check on her for our talk. She sat in her chair "reading" and, in the words of Richie, gave me the fish eyes. I asked her why she did that and she told me she just didn't like anyone. No one. Alrighty then. I told her she could stay in her room all night then and when we got home tomorrow, she could come directly in there again all night. She didn't even budge--just that snarky look.
I am so afraid. Afraid of her being a teenager.
John said, "make sure you turn the lights off! I don't want anyone who doesn't like us using our power!"
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment