What an amazing time we had!!! We left Memphis at 645 Monday morning and drove straight through. Emmy Ruth took about a 30 minute nap. Of course, after being in the car all day, we looked awful and immediately ran into the Meyers!
For the first day, we wanted to wait at the gate for the Jacksons and Meyers and we couldn't stand it, we had to get inside!!!! We saw Snow White as soon as we walked in. Maggie, Sol and Rose had their autograph books so we had to rush to get one. I thought Emmy would have an amazing reaction when she first saw the castle but she really didn't. She wanted to ride the Snow White scary ride and we did, but she got scared. Anything dark scared her, so riding Peter Pan's flight wasn't her favorite either. She said, "I'm just gonna close my eyes and cover them with my hands like this" and she did. She loved Dumbo though!
And she loved It's a Small World. I can't say how much that warmed my heart; it's always been my favorite ride too. She said she wanted to ride it five times. I think we did! We took a break at Starlight Café and she danced to the singing martian. I brought us french fries and she said "can't talk now, gotta dance" then we were dancing and she told me "I'm so glad we are friends, God made us that way".
The highlight was Sol and Rose dancing at the castle show. They were hysterical! Rose grabbed a girl's hand and Snow White and Cinderella danced away. We were staying for fireworks but she wanted to go swim so we came back. Our pool is shaped like a guitar and in the middle is a fountain that squirts water at you. She looked up at John and said, "I feel like I am dreaming" he said she looked like she was in a trance… it wasn't fake!
Our second day was the Bibbidy Boppidy Boutique day! Up EARLY to get there and get to our appointment! The fairy godmothers let her pick out an outfit and then it was presented to her in the dressing room. She loved the whole thing. I told John later I was surprised she selected Sleeping Beauty since that isn't her favorite princess. John, in his most normal voice says "well it is the prettier dress" J after that, John and Emmy took off to get in the line for Tangled....before the wait was hours long. Because it was so early, we got there quickly and were able to be in line for the 1015 visit with Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder. After that, we met up with Jacksons. Sol went to get his pirate dress up and Emmy wanted to ride the Alladin magic carpet ride—she drove and scared me going up and down; she loved telling everyone that she made me cry. Daddy managed to find Woody and Jessie from Toy Story. He held a place in line and we met him. I was hoping we could get Sol but he was still being pampered. When it was time to meet them, she and Rose both refused to go up there and I ended up getting my picture made with them.
This was also our day to have lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table. To our surprise, Snow White, Belle, Aurora and Arial showed up! Belle asked him her name and I told him to ask her what her name was. She looked at me and was mortified... "that's Belle!". She couldn't have been any closer to 15 years old in that moment. It was priceless!
We rode Splash Mountain and she promised not to tell Neall if Papa Richie cried. He didn't. She loved it but then when we went to ride it again, she was scared of the dark parts.
She kept saying shewasn't tired but she fell asleep as soon as we got on the bus. She slept for two hours and then we got her up and in the stroller so we cold go back to the Jacksons lodge. Mrs. Debbie watched them while we went to eat with the adults. When we picked her up, they told me she took her pink hair out she said "it was killing me".
We went to Epcot on the third day. We walked into the gift shop in Japan and she walks past all the other toys and directly into the fine jewelry department and says she wants a pearl necklace--it was $6,000! We got to see fireworks and had a great time. She wasn't much in the mood for more pictures, but she did love playing in the fountain. In England, she got in the red phone booth. I asked her who she had called and she told me, "Auntee, of course".
We rounded out the week with a final day at Magic Kingdom. I had told her she could get one toy that day. She picked out what we thought was a Minnie Mouse purse but turned out to be fanny pack. When she found something else she wanted, she said the fanny pack was for John. And being John, he wore it so that she could get the toy she really wanted. We stuck around all day and made it to the fireworks and the electric parade that night. We entertained ourselves with some Scooby Doo mystery games while waiting on the fireworks to start.
When we left Saturday morning, she asked me with her perfect pout, "but mama, don't you want to ride your favorite ride one more time?"
Such an amazing time and I am so grateful that we got to spend it with Papa Richie and the Jacksons and Meyers. We are so blessed
1 comment:
You got some great pictures! I was so excited to see them. We will definitely have to talk before our (hopeful) trip next year. I've never been so I need lots of tips.
Yay for Princess Emmy and Princess Tara!
Post a Comment