Friday, April 15, 2011

I hope she doesn't think back on her childhood....

… and only remember me saying “hurry up!” and “come on, we gotta go!” . Surely she will remember some of the  other fun stuff. 

 

She has been a handful as of late. She doesn’t want to get dressed in the morning and after reading an article, I told her the doctor said that if she didn’t get dressed, she had to go to bed right after dinner that night. It has worked relatively well so far. I also told her the doctor said that I had to pick out her clothes. Whew! What a break in the mornings!

 

This morning, she was getting her baby doll, Erica, up from her crib and then feeding her. Of course, here I am in the background, saying, “come on, we’ve gotta go!” while she gets Erica a new diaper, dressed and breakfast fed. I told her I thought we should sleep in here tonight, in her room, but she said Erica really didn’t like her sleeping in there so she should just sleep in our bed again.

 

Oh, and Emmy’s changed her name to Crystal….

 

No matter, what crazy things she does, she is still a precious sweet delight. The other night, I got home after she and John were in bed. She was wrapped up so tight and cuddly with him. It’s enough to just melt my heart. I knew he’d be a great dad, even when he didn’t, but he exceeds all of my expectations on a regular basis.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: