After searching and searching, I finally found a church that I like. Since I was still looking for so long, I didn't want to take Emmy Ruth until I was really sure about a place. When I finally decided on the church I like, I took Emmy. She was pretty adament that she didn't want to go to the children's church so I took her with me to the service. She did pretty well but I did learn that when selecting a baby to take to church, always find a baby doll with a soft face as those hard ones make lots of noise on the wooden pews!
She was so sweet when we were in church. While we were singing hymns, I was holding her on my hip and she sang in the sweetest, sweetest little voice. She would look at me and smile and then kiss my cheek and just sing along in her own words. When the pastor made a reference to John, Emmy exclaimed, "My daddy is John!" Of course, everyone thought she was just beautiful and wanted to say helo to her.
I told her the next week we were going to church the next week and she said, "but we went last week!!!"
We have so many things going on and keeping busy. Emmy loves her friends at school and she is starting to get used to the new routine. Her classroom is a lot more structured and not quite as much playtime for the kids.
Emmy has these other little phrases that I can't seem to break her from saying: "how many times do I have to tell you?" or "I told you!" or "I said ...".
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment