Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I wish I had a dollar...

... for every time I heard John say "Emmy, where are your clothes?" or
"Emmy, why are you naked?" or "Emmy, put your panties back on!". I
don't get it.

We are having a really hard time in the mornings lately. John has
started going into work earlier and riding in to work with a friend that
lives a few houses down from us. This lets us sleep in a few extra
minutes but the change has thrown Emmy's routine into a tailspin. She is
having a really tough time waking up now. Every morning she pulls the
covers back up over her face. Some mornings I try to pick her up and
take her in the living room to wake up while watching cartoons but
usually she will fight her way out of my lap, run back into the bedroom
and pull the covers back up over her head. Yesterday, I got her fully
dressed and she got back in bed and pulled the covers back up over her
head! John's band Filthy Diablo had a song with the lyric "I'm not
ready!!" and every morning, she cries out "I'm not ready!!!". I am going
to have to figure out a way to record her saying it and then lay it on
top of John's recording of that song.

No comments: