On Saturday, John’s family came to town and for some reason, I thought we should go shopping at Wolfchase Galleria. We never, I repeat NEVER, go out that way, so I am not sure what got into me. Saying it was crowded was a bit of an understatement and we were miserable. There were so many people there that they couldn’t get the place cooled off. Thank heavens for the carousel. Emmy loved it and while she was riding the train afterwards, I went to get the car to pick everyone up curbside. As they all piled in, John’s nephew said, ‘Oh Emmy just ran off’. I turn around, terrified that she has run into traffic and can’t find them anywhere. She ran back into the mall and was halfway on to the moving carousel when John caught her. He said that people were trying to help him catch her and she would psyche them out and get past them. By the time he got her and got back out to the car, he was a basket case and alternated between calling her Emmy Rice for Jerry Rice or Emmy Smith for Emmet Smith. I think he was slightly and secretively a little proud of her mad skills.
Saturday night, we headed to the drive in to see GForce with the Salinas family. I am not sure why we continued to watch a movie about hamsters while the kids played with cars on the pavement. But, we did. I took off to get popcorn and was assaulted by a wire coat hanger on the way back. Obviously it was dark, and I was walking back with a large of popcorn and the next thing I knew I was skidding across the ground on my right side. My arm, foot and knee hurt but most of all, I was mortified when this lovely man said, “ma’am, let me help you up”. Ma’am?! Get away from me!, I wanted to scream, but I got up with my half bucket of popcorn and the kids promptly spilled the rest. And I got a tetanus shot Monday afternoon, since I am pretty sure I got my last one when I was in first grade.
Then Sunday we got up and went to Wynne to celebrate Uncle Neallio and Papa Richie’s birthdays. Baby Rose was just precious and we didn’t even get to see Sol, he was asleep the whole time!
No comments:
Post a Comment