Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

She's all mine. The other night, I couldn't sleep and I just stared at sweet Emmy Ruth sleeping in our bed and I could not think of anything but how she was all mine. The curls on her little head, the way that she sleeps with her arm under her head, that prissy little walk, it's all me. She's got plenty of her daddy in her too--when she wakes up and makes the same faces and expressions he does. She does things that confuse me as to where she got them... the way she hates to snuggle when she sleeps. I love to snuggle. I slept with Grandma Ruth a million times and always asked her to "hold my back" so we could snuggle. Even as a thirty year old, I would sleep with Momma and she would hold my back. Not my girl. And I really don't think I have ever enjoyed being naked as much as she does. This child would go without clothes or diaper or panties all the time if we let her. But, then, just to remind me that she is mine, she askes about "Wal-Mart". I am so proud.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of Momma but each Mother's Day is easier than the last and nothing makes it more sweet than having Emmy Ruth, for both me and John. Emmy would have hit the jackpot with grandmas.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You are right about hitting the jackpot! She is watching!