Oh it's Monday again! I really don't know how it got here so quickly. This morning as Emmy and I were driving in West Memphis, "Manic Monday" by The Bangles came on so I turned it up loud so that Emmy and I could sing as we started our day. I am sure that she enjoys it! She got her sense of rhythm from me, I am afraid. When she dances in the living room, I can only think of mom telling me how that she always felt so sorry for me when she chaperoned those JPC dances--everyone else could dance and poor Tara just couldn't catch the beat.
A week or so on Oprah, there was a woman that horded. Mortified by it, I decided to clean out my closet and while I didn't get rid of everything I should have, I did get a good four trash bags out. So sad. Most of that was momma's. I told myself I was keeping it in case I ever lost the weight and could fit in to it but I know that I was doing it because I couldn't stand the thought of letting it go. So, I sat on the floor in my closet and cried while I put shirt after shirt and pant after pant into trash bags. It has really been almost two years and my heart literally aches. Wednesday will be the two year anniversary of when we found out that Momma had a brain tumor. I wish Emmy could have known me before everything changed that day.
Monday, December 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment