Last night, John was holding Emmy and I just realized how much she had grown in just the last week or so. She looks like a baby now—not a newborn anymore, but a real baby that will eventually be a child. When she is taking her bottle and I am feeling especially nurturing, I will rub her little head while she eats. Usually my hand kind of cups part of her little head but last night, I realized that I had to hold my hand differently to fit of her growing noggin. She will lay in my lap kind of leaning against my arm while she is eating—almost like she is kicked back watching television or something. Last night, she was fussy as she got into our little position and couldn’t really get into her niche. It suddenly dawned on me that it was because she didn’t fit in our little niche anymore—it was uncomfortable to her now. Already! She is already outgrowing me!!
I am going home tonight and getting out the video camera, even if is just to video her sleeping. Or crying.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The rubbing of the little head - it's a mother thing. Yes, you kids did outgrow us so soon!
Love you - Pat
Oh Tara they grow up so fast. It's just like I blinked my eyes and my boys were bigger than me.
I am so proud of you documenting her childhood so well. Suzi
Hi Tara!
Emmy is BEAUTIFUL!!!! But you & John know that! It sounds & looks as if you & Emmy are doing lots of fun Mommy & Emmy things! Thanks for sharing lots of good pics of her! I saw Jean yesterday & she told me you had some great pics of Emmy on your blog, so I just had to check it out! Love to you three! XOXOXOX
Post a Comment