Friday, March 30, 2007

Back to the Grindstone...

I went back to work on Tuesday and we seemed to have all survived. John has of course been back at work for the past five weeks but it was quite a challenge to get us all up and ready and out the door by 645. That puts me setting my alarm for 515 and actually getting out of bed at 530 or so. But, Emmy being Emmy, likes to eat around 4am so, if we are up for 45 minutes to an hour, there really is no point in my going back to sleep. Tuesday went really well—for me anyway!—she woke up right after I had gotten out of bed to start getting ready and John got up with her and feed her and then got ready so we were out the door at 630. She totally skipped her 4am feeding that morning but then on Tuesday she was ready for it again and then on Wednesday, I just got up at 330. I had convinced myself that this was going to be a challenge and I would just get used to it—after all, millions of women do this everyday. However, I don’t care who does it, I am going to ever get used to getting up at 330 in the morning. Today was much better and she ate at 2am and then slept until 6 with her daddy. John and I both stumbled to the car this morning with our eyes barely open—surely we will be a little more used to it next week and won’t be quite as tired!

We are really happy with her sitter on the positive side. I take her to West Memphis to the sitter a friend of ours uses for all three of her kids. Gabby, Coen and Grace all go to Missy and when Rebecca recommended her, I felt like I really had to give it a shot—all three of those kids turned out perfect! It is a lot further for me to drive, it ends up being 70 miles or so each day, but I feel really good about it, so it’s worth it. And, all the Winter kids get to see Emmy during the day and Rebecca gets to see her when she picks up and drops off her kids—of course Emmy is the first one there and the last one to leave.


She seems to be saying, Where in the world are we going now???????

No comments: