Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A funk

Sunday morning at 3am, Aunt Ruby called me—just to chat! She was obviously very confused and said she couldn’t find Uncle Warren (he died 7 years ago) but wanted me to know that she had moved to Memphis and to come and visit her (I have been to her apartment several times). Later on, I found out that she had the telephone operator call Daddy at 3am trying to reach Teri Jackson. Daddy told the operator that you were gone and that he would call her son in the morning. I stayed up the rest of the night just thinking about how “lucky” we are that you didn’t end up with Alzheimer’s. I know that was your biggest fear so I am so thankful that if you had to leave us, it was something quick and you didn’t suffer for years and years like she is. But then I get angry and sad all over again. This week has turned into pretty much a bust for me now. We are taking flowers to the cemetery on Saturday for your birthday so I called Monday and ordered those. I guess it all just has you on my mind even more than usual and I am just really down in a funk right now. I am trying to do all these things to get ready for Emmy and it is just not fair that I have to do them alone. So many people have been so thoughtful and want to help and I am so grateful. But it is very difficult to discuss mucus and boobs with anyone but your mom, More...

1 comment:

Pat said...

Yes. . .