Monday, June 19, 2006

Best Dad Ever

So the best dad ever probably had the strangest Father's Day ever this year--he's never been a father without you here. Neall's inlaws were kind enough to invite us over to spend the day with their family so it was nice. We had a good time and then got back to Neall and Becca's in plenty of time for Daddy to give gardening advice to them. Their yard is huge and their garden has taken off wonderfully. The idea of Neall growing eggplant--much less eating eggplant--is quite comical. I brought some flowers from my flower beds out to you yesterday, in a little Razorback plastic cup, no less, so that you would know we all thought of you and wished you were with us. When I got home, the Father's Day card I had sent Daddy was on the kitchen table so I had to remind him that these always were to be stood up on the piano, which made him smile, ah, yes... they do...

No comments: